History

1902

Gilles’s great-grandfather, already a wine-grower, buys the Beaujolais-Villages plots in Lantignié and 4 other plots in the commune of Régnié-Durette with an area of 6 ha.

1930

Gilles’s paternal grandfather Jean Roux takes over the operation.

1960

Gilles’s parents, established wine-growers Georges and Andrée, buy the vineyards located at la Plaigne in Régnié-Durette with a total area of 4 ha. After repairing the vineyard buildings and building themselves a house, they set up at la Plaigne in 1965.

1984

Gilles sets up on the estate and goes into partnership with his mother (widowed since 1975), together forming a GAEC Groupement Agricole d'Exploitation en Commun [Jointly-run Agricultural Group]. The same year, Gilles buys the 0.6-ha “La Chapelière” vineyard.

1987

Gilles and Cécile buy a 1.5-ha vineyard at la Plaigne.

1988

The “Domaine de La Plaigne” name is registered, giving the operation its name.

1992
1992

Cécile sets up with Gilles on the Domaine and buys the shares belonging to Andrée Roux, who is retiring. They turn the GAEC Georges et Gilles Roux into EARL GILLES ET CECILE ROUX.

1994

Gilles and Cécile buy “Les Forchets”, a 0.3-ha vineyard, classed in Régnié.

1996

Purchase of a 1-hectare vineyard “Les Builliats”, classed in Régnié.

2000

Purchase of 0.5 ha of vineyard “Les Côtes” classed in Régnié.

2005

A new wine arrives on the estate: Moulin-à-Vent, from vines grown by Cécile’s parents, themselves wine-growers on their own estate.

2010

Purchase of 1.07 ha of Morgon and 0.06 ha of Beaujolais-Villages.

2011
2011

Planting of 0.6 ha of Chardonnay.

2014
Victorien Roux

Victorien joins his parents and buys shares to become the Domaine’s 5th generation. The estate expands: the three partners buy 1.7 ha of Moulin à Vent.